Covid-19: Keeping You Safe
For you to focus on your marriage, you’ve got to first feel safe. We are doing everything we can to return as soon as possible with the same eye-opening talks and unforgettable conversations. When that happens, the logistics will look a little different. Below are answers to a few questions that may be on your mind.
Want to know something else? Give us a call: 1-800-358-6329.
FamilyLife is canceling the following events:
- 9/18/2020 – Augusta
- 9/18/2020 – Cedar Rapids
- 9/25/2020 – Palm Beach (Delray)
- 10/2/2020 – Naples
- 10/2/2020 – Tampa
- 10/9/2020 – Chattanooga
- 10/16/2020 – Parsippany
- 10/23/2020 – Destin
- 10/23/2020 – Hartford
- 10/23/2020 – Louisville
- 10/23/2020 – San Diego (Del Mar)
- 10/30/2020 – Estes Park
- 10/30/2020 – Portland, OR
- 11/6/2020 – Pittsburgh (Cranberry Township)
- 11/6/2020 – Pittsburgh (Cranberry Township)
- 11/6/2020 – Coeur d’Alene
- 11/13/2020 – Pittsburgh (Cranberry Township)
- 11/13/2020 – Monterey
- 11/16/2020 – Estes Park
- 11/20/2020 – Williamsburg
- 11/20/2020 – Chesapeake Bay/Cambridge
- 11/20/2020 – San Diego (La Jolla)
- 11/20/2020 – Coeur d’Alene
- 11/20/2020 – St. Louis
- 11/20/2020 – Saratoga Springs
- 11/20/2020 – Philadelphia
- 12/11/2020 – Charleston
- Should you decide to cancel your attendance at one of the remaining scheduled events, you will not be charged a cancellation fee. We want you to have a peaceful getaway, and that starts at registration. No matter the reason, we aren’t going to charge you for cancelling.
- Every event has a Facebook page. Mark that you’re going (or interested in going) and you’ll be notified as we post updates about hotel safety requirements, mask recommendations, and other important details.
FamilyLife is staying up-to-date on the restrictions at each event site. We’re following all the specific state, local, and even hotel guidelines for each event. While this site addresses what Weekend to Remember will look like on a broad level, each event may slightly vary based on the particular requirements in each location.
- We are reducing the capacity of each event to ensure plenty of space between yourself and other couples.
- Contactless check-in at every event. Beginning at 4:00 and lasting for 2.5 hours before the first session, we’re providing extra time to check-in, get your nametag and guidebook, and find your seats.
- We ask that you stay in the same seats all weekend.
- Water stations will not be available. Bring your own!
- Weekend to Remember App is now available for all events. From your phone, you’ll be able to submit prayer requests, view speaker info, keep up with the agenda, and more.
- Modifications are being made to the resource center to prevent as much personal contact as possible.
This safety requirement is the hotel’s responsibility before you get to the ballroom. If temperature checks are required, they’ll be done when you enter the hotel, not the ballroom specifically.
Masks are important to help stop the spread, but we understand they are uncomfortable for some people. We’re asking you to wear a mask as you walk into and out of the ballroom. If a mask is not required by the local jurisdiction, you may take it off once you sit down in the ballroom.
At check-in, you will be asked the following health questions. If you answer yes to any of them you will not be allowed to attend the conference. Save time and money and do a self-health assessment now. If the answer is yes to any of these questions during the week of your event, call us and we’ll work with you to issue a refund or transfer you to another event.
- Have you experienced a fever of 100.4 or greater in the past 14 days?
- Have you received a positive result from a COVID-19 test within the past 14 days?
- Are you currently waiting on results from a COVID-19 test?
- Have you been in contact with anyone while they had COVID-19 or symptoms of COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
- In the past 14 days, have you, or someone you have been in contact with, traveled outside your state/province/country or to an area with restrictions due to COVID-19?
- In the past 14 days, have you experienced any of the following new symptoms not attributed to another health condition? Select all that apply: cough, loss of smell or taste, runny nose, shortness of breath, or sore throat.
- A limited number of resources are available onsite.
- Cash will not be accepted.
The hotel wants to keep you safe, too. Some things to expect include increased cleaning of public spaces, additional hand sanitizing stations, limited elevator capacity, and contactless check-in/out.
We are hard at work creating a personalized marriage experience for you and your spouse for you to escape the 2020 drama and focus on your relationship. More on that soon!
Stay up-to-date on the state’s specific travel policies.
We ask that you do not attend an event in a state that has a travel restriction placed on your state residence. If you’re already registered when a restriction is placed, call us at 1-800-358-6329, and we’ll cancel your registration and get you into another event.
You can also like the event’s Facebook page. While we will send emails with event details, the event Facebook page is where safety requirements and recommendations specific to your event will be posted weekly.
Before canceling an event, we look at several things. In addition to active cases, we’re also considering things like the number of hospitalizations and if the state/community pauses their reopening plans.
We will make the call to cancel an event based on the number of new cases and hospitalizations in each community at least 3 weeks out from the event start date.
If the Weekend you registered for is canceled, we will notify you and process a refund.
- If you decide to not attend, call 1-800-358-6329, and we’ll process your refund. You will not be charged a cancellation fee. If this is something you decide to do, we encourage you to notify us as soon as possible so we can make your space available to another couple.
- You will need to contact the hotel directly to arrange your room cancellation.
- If you want to transfer to another event, simply register for the event of your choice after you receive a refund.
In addition to emails before your event, FamilyLife will keep each event’s Facebook Page updated with the latest recommendations. Find yours here.
Want to know more about the hotel’s cleanliness policy? American Hotel and Lodging Association (AHLA) has implemented a “Stay Safe” initiative to develop a series of best practices for US hotels including enhanced cleaning standards, superior cleaning products, social distancing practices, and increased transparency throughout the guest journey.
event cancellation details
You can request a refund or to move your registration to another location. Call us at 1-800-358-6329 and we’ll work to meet your individual needs.
Yes! You can transfer your registration to next year’s event. Call 1-800-358-6329 to make that arrangement. If the date for next year’s event is not yet final, we can add you to the list to transfer your registration. As soon as it is official, we will notify you so that you can make arrangements to attend.
No, we are not charging cancellation fees.
You will need to contact the hotel directly to arrange your cancellation. We do know that many major hotels are providing flexibility for this situation.
FamilyLife is here to walk alongside your family as you navigate your new normal.
Busy families that once struggled to get a weekly meal together are now finding themselves surrounding the same table three (or more) times a day. Everything outside of the house has come to a standstill but one thing’s for sure, home isn’t canceled.