FamilyLife Blended® Podcast
45: Adult Stepfamilies: Joys and Challenges with the Holidays
Blended family Christmases with adult children don't always go so well. Ron Deal speaks with Bob and Vicki Maday and two of their adult daughters in a powerful episode about holiday challenges and how they worked through their differences to find harmony.
About the Guest
- Read various articles on Adult Stepfamilies with topics including: money, dating, and the holidays. https://www.familylife.com/articles/topics/blended-family/
- Read Ron's article: Second-Half Stepfamilies. https://www.familylife.com/articles/topics/blended-family/stepparents/developing-a-relationship-with-stepchildren/second-half-stepfamilies/
- Visit FamilyLife Blended® online for articles, videos, and resources for blended families. https://www.familylife.com/blended
- Get the all new FamilyLife App! https://www.familylife.com/app/
- Join the FamilyLife Blended Christmas Match and help expand stepfamily ministry! https://donate.familylife.com/blended/?cru_source=D000BLENDG&cru_medium=DesktopHeaderNav&cru_campaign=Blended
- Donate to FamilyLife Blended by phone 1-800-358-6329.
Bob and Vicki MadayBob and Vicki Maday are a remarried couple. They live in Peachtree City, Georgia and have five adult children, all married, and they are blessed with 14 grandchildren. Bob and Vicki met after the deaths of both their spouses. Bob had a 34-year marriage with his first wife who died after a seven-year battle with breast cancer. Vicki had a 24-year marriage. Her husband died of a heart attack while the family was out on the lake together. The two met and married and began the journey...more
Blended family Christmases with adult children don’t always go so well. Ron Deal speaks with Bob and Vicki Maday and two of their adult daughters in a powerful episode about holiday challenges and how they worked through their differences to find harmony.