Knowing the right question to ask can be a valuable thing. So say Tom and Jeannie Elliff, authors of Letters to Lovers and FamilyLife Today guests on April 1, 2004. Married for thirty plus years, Tom and Jeannie encourage wives to ask their husbands these questions every year in order to keep their marriage sharp.
Ten Questions to Ask Your Husband Every Year
- Do you feel I properly understand the goals that God has placed in your heart? How can I help you achieve them?
- What are some things I can do to regularly show you just how satisfied I am with you as my husband and the leader of my home?
- Is there anything I am doing or failing to do that seems to send a signal that I do not honor you or your leadership in our home?
- Is there anything I can change to make our home a place where you feel more satisfied and comfortable?
- Are there any big dreams in your heart that you have been hesitant to share with me? How can I help you fulfill them?
- How do you feel we can begin communicating better than we already are?
- Do you feel that there is anything keeping either one or both of us from God’s best in our lives? What should be my part in freeing us from those restraints?
- Are we where you wanted us to be at this stage in life? How can I help you make that possible within God’s guidelines?
- How do you envision our future together? What can we do together to achieve that goal?
- What can I do to show you how much I need and trust you?
Copyright © 2007 by Jeannie Elliff. Used with permission.